We respect the planet!
We Love Micro Ltd, the owner and operator of this website, recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
The Founders of We Love Micro Ltd are ultimately responsible for ensuring that this environmental policy is implemented, however, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of this policy are met. The company pledges to help that happen wherever possible.
Policy aimsWe endeavour to:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office.
- Reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and waterWe will seek to:
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use.
- Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
- Take energy consumption and efficiency of new products into account when purchasing them.
Office suppliesWe will:
- Evaluate if any need can be met in a less wasteful way.
- Evaluate if renting or sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- Favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- Reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- Reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- Promote the use of travel alternatives such as video/phone conferencing.
- Make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- Favour 'green' vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaningWe will:
- Use cleaning materials that are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Use materials in any office refurbishment that are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- Update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- Involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- Use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.